Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reading & Knitting

I've been reading quite a bit. And wishing I was knitting more. Then trying to figure out how to read and knit at the same time. Eventually I'll figure it out. In the meantime, I'll write about what I just finished reading. I just finished "The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club" and while I thought it was a good, quick read I wouldn't recommend it if you were looking for something that had any meaning. It reminded me quite a bit of The Friday Night Knitting Club, but with an English twist. A good, ridiculous read if you just want to pass some time pretending you are in a different place. I'm currently reading My Sister's Keeper - which is definitely breaking my heart. In both a good and bad way. I'll let you know what I think once I finish it.

Knitting, I'm currently working on not enough. I wish I had at least two more projects on the needles right now. I'm way too anxious to have finished knits. My two main projects right now are Grove by brooklyntweed and Angee by Cookie A. Both patterns are stimulating enough, but I just have the urge to start a hat. And a Penelope the Empathetic Monster. And perhaps something from the MochiMochi book I checked out at the library. Here's a photo of Grove that I've got going. Not the best photo, nighttime knitting photo taken with my iPhone..


Life-wise, I'm most likely insane. It's getting close to being a year since I've lost my brother and sister-in-law and as much as I don't want it to affect me, it definitely is. My mind is constantly racing and I find myself fighting off those horrible feelings as I did before. A bit obnoxious and I wish I had more control over it. But how can someone control that type of situation?

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous mitt!! I love knitting and reading at the same time, so I use my book weight. Here is a link to a picture of it: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3253/3080322028_49ab9a5ba0.jpg

    I made it after seeing it on another blog- it's basically just a sewn fabric tube, and I filled it with unpopped popcorn kernels. It's brilliant. I keep it with my knitting supplies. :)

    ReplyDelete