Saturday, January 29, 2011

January ending

A post because I never post.

First off, a few book reviews. I finished My Sister's Keeper and could have thrown it across the room. I could not believe that it ended the way that it did. Really author? Did you have to go and ruin everything for me? I've read a few of Jodi Picoult's books before and I must have forgotten they are always so sad. It was a good read and refreshing to read about someone elses's insane life... even if it wasn't a true story. I also read Casting About, which isn't really worth talking about. It was quite a waste of time but I still read the entire book for some reason. Go figure. I've made another trip to the library and am taking on a new stack of books so I'll talk about this at a later time.

I'm nearly done knitting my Grove mitts. Just the thumb on the right hand to go and then I'll be finished. In time to enter them in the NaKniMitMo2011 group on flickr! I'm sure they won't get much attention but I made it my goal to finish them by the end of this month. I do enjoy the mitts however am not too keen on the yarn chosen. I think they would have been much better in Cascade 220 or Malabrigo. But I used what I had on hand and wanted something to match my Quincy hat anyway. I'm also nearing the toe on my second Angee sock. FINALLY. I never thought I'd see the day that happened. Tonight my sister-in-law asked me to knit a pair of booties for my nephew's baptism at the beginning of March. I feel honored, but am now in a panic. What pattern do I choose? Which yarn? Oh my. Thankfully booties are small and even if I spend weeks panicking, I will still have time to crank a pair out. I keep dreaming about knitting sweaters but my goodness, I must be the slowest knitter ever. And I never thought I was that slow. I can't even begin to figure out how some of these amazing knitters on ravelry create sweater after sweater after pair of socks! What?! You gals (and guys!) are my heros.

Still have plans to sew. Still have plans to learn to cook new delicious meals. So far this year I have been somewhat successful with a potato and leek soup. Not so successful with stuffed mushrooms. (However, it may be that we just don't like fungi around here.)

Moo wanted to pop in and see you off. Hope everyone is staying warm with all their wool goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment