Sunday, September 18, 2011

another september post

I always intend to blog about knitting. About food. But I never remember to. Currently, I am enjoying the last of some cabernet (courtesy of the naked grape, I give it so-so reviews), just finished yet another episode of Mad Men & I find myself completely lost. I'm always trying to figure out what I'm doing. I wish I could look into the future and know now where things are supposed to go. I don't know how much longer I'll be able to stand my job. This town, really. I can't go anywhere without thinking of  my brother and sister-in-law. I obviously need a fresh start. But where? How will I survive without knowing so many people? I'm terrified of the future... yet, I can't wait for it to get here. I am sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. I can't be.

Knitting... always. Still working away on all the same things. My knitting speed has seemed to have gotten much slower these days, which is disappointing. I have so much yarn, and so many patterns, that I want to get to. Some day.

Food-wise, I'm going to try to start eating better. Today, I fail. I caved in and got breadsticks from Mancinos. But after this, something a bit healthier! I am going to try to cut out most meats. Occasional fish or chicken, but I'm thinking only those in my diet. I have no need for beef or pork. I'm also going to try to get more into vegetables and fruits. I've never been a huge fan of either, but perhaps I never had them the correct way. Who knows. We'll see how long I last. Probably not too long. But I'll just keep on trying.

I made apple "mush" today. It's supposed to be applesauce, but I don't smash it very much, and I like to put it on everything. I also got apple cider. Can you tell I'm ready for fall? Bring on sweaters, scarves and boots. I can't wait.

Also, my hairdresser totally butchered my hair this past week. It is so very short. Oh well, it's kind of growing on me. Ha, I wish...

No comments:

Post a Comment