Sunday, January 24, 2010

Neglecting Knitting?! Oh No!

Of course I am not intentionally neglecting my knitting. I have just stumbled upon a new obsession.



Meet my latest obsession. A sewing machine. *cue scary music* Seriously, what was I thinking? I wasn't. I bought it on a whim, at Joann Fabrics. I don't even know why I went in the store in the first place... but all of a sudden I was walking out with a Singer Simple. On sale for $99. (Could anyone really pass this up?) So, after getting it home and unwrapping everything I decide to watch the dvd a few times to see if it will help any. I watch it over. And over. And yup, again and again. Somehow I still mess up sewing and spend a ton of time just cussing at the stupid thing. Turns out I kept forgetting to put my foot down on the fabric and the thread kept bunching up the back. Oops.

Now I can't stop reading sewing books. Sewing blogs. Looking at pictures of homemade sewn items! I've taken on a few things so far, but nothing earth-shattering. A bag from Bend the Rules in which I forgot to fold down the top edges and it now has a rough edge. A tiny bag for my sister-in-law for her ITouch. And a headband, for me. Which is far from perfect. But I pretty much love it. :)






That is all for now. It's Sunday evening and all I have been doing is sewing and blogging! Now it is time to relax and enjoy my glass of wine for as long as I can before passing out on the couch...

No comments:

Post a Comment